To offer persons with disabilities the independence they aspire to, means opening as many doors as possible.
The tourist office of Baronnies in Drôme Provençale has been labeled Tourism and Handicap since June 2015 (for its main office in Nyons)
He validated the four deficiencies required by the label: motor, visual, mental and auditory.
The Tourist Office is therefore committed to responding to the “Charter of commitment of the label” guaranteeing the reception and preservation of the permanent accessibility of the site.
The Tourist Office offers you ideas for visits, accommodation or practical information that you may need to organize your next holiday on our territory.
What is the Tourisme et Handicap label?
This label is a response to the request of people with disabilities who want to be able to choose their holidays and their leisure in complete freedom. The label provides a guarantee of an efficient reception adapted to the essential needs of disabled people.
This label: what for?
For tourists with disabilities, this is a guarantee, proof of the equipment manager’s commitment to accessibility and the guarantee of an efficient and adapted welcome.
For tourism professionals, the label is first and foremost a recognition: it sanctions their efforts in terms of accessibility and welcoming specific customers.
Operation of the label
The label can be awarded for two, three or four families of disabilities: motor, visual, auditory and mental. The pictogram corresponding to the disability concerned by the accessibility is affixed next to the logo “Tourism & Handicap”. The label is awarded for a maximum of 5 years, renewable by endorsement after checking the maintenance of the criteria of reception and accessibility.
Discover the adapted offer of Baronnies in Drôme Provençale (Nyons)
The offer adapted to all handicaps:
- Identification of the adapted offer of the tourist sites of the Pays de Nyons by our team and provision of this information via our website and our paper documentation
- Training of staff to welcome people with disabilities
- Disabled parking spot near our reception desk and secure path
- Accessible toilets near our reception desk (about 150m)
The offer adapted to the visual impairment:
- Braille documentation on the Pays de Nyons, documentation sent on request
- Plan of the city of Nyons in black and white, documentation sent on request
- Documentation in enlarged characters Nyons
- Documentation in enlarged characters Mirabel-aux-Baronnies
- Documentation in enlarged characters Sahune
- Documentation in enlarged characters Vinsobres
- Sensory visits of Nyons and its surrounding villages by a qualified guide
The offer adapted to hearing loss
- Magnetic loop available in our reception office in Nyons
- Audio guides with magnetic loop rental in our tourist office and allowing the visit of the villages of Nyons, Mirabel-aux-Baronnies, Sahune and Vinsobres
- Sign language translation tool available in our office in Nyons
The offer to mental deficiency:
- Simplified documentation for the visit of Nyons
- Presence of pictograms in our Nyons welcome office to facilitate the identification of different areas and themes
- Simplified visits of Nyons and its surrounding villages by a qualified guide
The offer adapted to the motor impairment
- Development of our Nyons welcome office allowing easy circulation and access to data for people with reduced mobility.
- Adapted visits of Nyons and its surrounding villages by a qualified guide.